OpenWater, rated one of Inc 5000’s fastest growing startups, is a simple yet powerful software platform that lets organizations collect and review applications. Our flagship platform, OpenWater Awards, is used by top organizations around the world from the likes of Disney and the American Diabetes Association.
We are looking for a full stack software developer who is looking to launch their career. You should know how to write frontend and backend code in at least two programming languages and have experience with database architecture.
You consider yourself a Duct-Tape programmer, someone who toils away and won’t give up just because something challenges you. You are someone who loves to tinker with code and feel the satisfaction of getting something done.
You may not be the god or goddess of algorithms, but you know how to use StackOverflow to find inspiration on solving your issues at hand.
You will be working closely with senior level developers who will help you learn new skills and techniques every day as you elevate your career.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will become an expert on the OpenWater Platform to advise customers on best practices
- You will create implementation plans out of customer requirements
- You will then implement those plans with a combination of OpenWater Software, Third Party APIs, and your own custom code
- 75% of your time will be writing code for customers, 25% will be for innovation and learning
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to listen to casual user concerns and develop coding plans
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce consistent, high-quality work.
- Intermediate Knowledge of one or more database engines: MariaDB, MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB
- Intermediate Knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Competitive compensation based on experience (Entry to Intermediate Level Candidates Wanted)
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Healthy snacks, coffee & tea offered daily
- Team building activities and catered lunches
- Health Insurance / Vacation Time
To apply please use our job applications portal: https://careers.getopenwater.com/a/solicitations/home/6