OpenWater is a simple yet powerful software platform that lets organizations collect and review applications. Our main platform, OpenWater Awards, is used by top organizations around the world from the likes of Disney and the American Diabetes Association.
Here at OpenWater we know the future of applications is digital—come join us on the challenge!
ABOUT THE JOB:
OpenWater is seeking an experienced and driven Content Marketing Associate to support our marketing team. The ideal candidate will have experience writing engaging short form and long form content geared to B2B audiences, working with marketing teams to support demand generation. You’ll be a key member of the marketing team and will have opportunity to develop our creative strategy for our product, which services a wide variety of verticals. We are looking for somebody who is passionate about writing and driven to help us produce excellent material on our blog and whitepapers about OpenWater.
You’re data-driven, motivated by the performance of your content, and excited about converting OpenWater’s brand into copy that motivates prospects to turn into customers. Key competencies for this role include experience with WordPress and Google Analytics. We’re looking for a strategic thinker and collaborator with a track record of working collaboratively with other members of the marketing team as needed to provide stellar content for our customers and sales teams.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Get up to speed on our product offerings and sales verticals (awards, fellowships, grants and enterprise).
- Learn about our systems and reporting capabilities.
- Partner with our Marketing designer to create graphics for content needs.
- Create compelling content across multiple platforms that effectively communicates OpenWater’s brand, value proposition, and position as the easiest tool to use to create and manage online applications.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Regularly produce original work to the blog, social channels and other content such as eBooks, white papers, infographics and best practice guides in support of Demand Gen Campaigns
- Track community engagement on all channels and monitor top industry blogs and media outlets to stay on top of industry trends.
- Work against established KPIs and track its performance/success. Measure and report on the effectiveness of all content marketing efforts, factoring in any key findings to continually fine-tune the editorial calendar and identify fresh, engaging tactics.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Influence content strategy with the Marketing Director by working with marketing, sales, and product teams to identify and fulfill content needs for all phases of the campaign lifecycle, buyer’s journey, and brainstorming sessions.
- Work to make the rest of your team better because they should be making you better too!
OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 1-2 years experience in a content role, ideally working with marketing teams
- A strong portfolio of original writing, preferably B2B
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, HubSpot or comparable tools
- Experience with SEO is desired, from implementation of on-page SEO best practices to creating content around highly-trafficked SEO terms
- Experience with A/B testing and helping construct marketing campaigns
To apply please email email@example.com with your resume and responses to the following questions:
- What are your top 3 most visited websites?
- Why would you excel here?
- What GIF sums up your personality?